There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 28 March 2010

Twitter - 1 Year On

I have now been a ‘tweeter’ for just over a year. I have tweeted 805 times (and counting), have 129 followers, and I follow 56 people. I also have the somewhat dubious distinction of being a ‘Twitter Elite in Warwickshire, England’. I think I am now completely bitten by the Twitter bug!


An important grovel: I realize that I haven’t blogged for many months, for which I apologize, but work has really taken off in a big way (no doubt the subject of further blogs) and I’ve been so busy that I haven’t found the time for blogging, that is until now ....


What’s happened?

Since I last blogged on my Twitter experience, a number of things has changed:

I have ‘met’ many interesting people, not just from the UK but also from Australia, Germany, India and the US, most of whom work/are interested in Learning and Development, e-Learning, Social Media, etc.

I now have 129 (at the time of writing) faithful followers. I decided early on not to follow everyone, especially those who have ‘Twitterrhoea’, as it would be impossible to keep up with everyone’s tweets. Accordingly, I am at the moment following just 56 people.

I have now used Twitter to ask questions of my followers, for example I asked recently what people felt were the main obstacles to designing and developing high quality and effective e-Learning; I was not disappointed with the response that I received.

I also take part in a weekly discussion group about learning, #lrnchat. It’s amazing what you can say in 140 characters and all discussions/debates thus far have been very lively and extremely informative. Also, I have met some more kindred souls as a result.

Whilst I use Twitter mainly for L&D purposes, I now also tweet about Cally (my beloved Labrador) and our adventures, plus cricket and tennis (two of my passions). I’ve also taken heed of some other people’s tweets and am now happy to include some social tweets, such as my latest: “Arrrh I hate this British Summer Time lark (apols to those in Scotland) – I have far too many clocks & it makes me really bad tempered.” However, when it comes to my work as a Parish Councillor I do not tweet about this, just in case I land myself in any trouble, as I can do that very easily without Twitter!

I now ‘retweet’ anyone’s tweets that I think will interest the vast majority of my followers. Using the recently added ‘retweet’ button this is a very quick and easy thing to do, plus I have also learned how to RT (i.e. retweet) people’s contributions where I can add my own comments or views.

Last but not least, when, on very rare occasions, Twitter goes off-line I feel quite deprived! Now, how sad is that?

Where next?

Some people can be extremely disparaging about Twitter, especially those people who tweet. However, Twitter is what you make of it and how you use it. Having used Twitter for over a year I now see how it can be used, amongst other things, with considerable benefit for ‘Social Learning’.

Twitter is a readily available and free tool. It is easy to set up a group of likeminded people, e.g. #lrnchat, and to moderate this use. Users can ask questions of followers, provide information, generate debate, and so on. The people I follow are not lonely, small-minded folk, as some have claimed. Most, if not all, are at the cutting and leading edge of Learning and Development and I have learned so much from them.


Yes, I am now a truly dedicated follower of Twitter!

6 comments:

志屏 said...

情色光碟艾莉絲寫真2009真情寫真a台灣kiss情色網sex貼片區金瓶梅影片交流免費視訊173liveshow情色視訊美女sexav999免費影片明星露點合成照明星露點合成明星露點偷拍明星露點趙明星露點貼圖明星露點論壇明星露點電影明星裸體貼圖明星走光照真真明星走光珍珍視訊 辣妹美女 視訊ol制服美女影片g8成人下載av短片-免費a片av一葉情貼影色網18 禁一葉情貼影入口免費AV免費成人電影聊天室ut女生自衛圖片小高聊天室網路交友聊天室uthome視訊聊天室jp成人jp5818成人網gogo2sex香港論壇成人視訊zk最新女優介紹最新情慾自拍Live173

惠蘋 said...

辣妹貼圖0401影音視訊bonbonsex日本avdvd光碟f 罩杯美女圖片情色a片免費無碼a片小魔女影片交流成人 影片sex明星露點鏡頭日本戀愛卡通日本成人聊天視訊dxlive日本成人遊戲日本成人遊戲節目日本成人部落格日本成人電影免費日本成人電影下載日本成人視訊聊天室日本成人AV視訊 辣妹視訊 辣妹0401線上影城視訊交友cleansing18禁成人影片嘿咻kiss168z6成人色站杜雷斯正妹牆成人論壇ss369成人色網38ga成人台灣kiss倩色網18成人影城919sex色片直播網5278成人色論免費線上影片觀看最新卡通a片最新加勒比 潮吹教學講座最新av女優排名最新av女優介紹最新無碼av

林昀睿 said...

財富並非永遠的朋友,但朋友卻是永遠的財富。..................................................

陳欣幸 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................

BertR_Dimarco223965 said...

以簡單的行為愉悅他人的心靈,勝過千人低頭禱告........................................

FloyKnop said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................